Happy Jacks RPG Podcast is proud to announce our first annual “2 Sided Epic” Contest (also lovingly known as “Two Sides: One Epic”).
Write up and submit your single-sheet (double sided) adventure for a chance to win (soon-to-be-determined) fabulous prizes.
We will collect submission through the end of July 2012 and announced the winners some time after that (probably August at Gateway 2012).
Here is a draft of the submission I will put in (submission by hosts are not eligible for prize awards): Chastity of the Lady Dumar.
By submitting an entry, you agree to and will comply with all of the guidelines, statements and conditions listed below:
All submission must meet the following guidelines (these guidelines are subject to change or revision without notice):
- Each submission must fit on both sides of a single 8.5″ x 11″ (letter-size) sheet of paper with at least .5″ margins all around.
- Body text size of all submissions must be at least 10 pt.
- All submissions must be submitted in the following formats: image file (.png, .gif, .jpg), Open Office Text document or PDF.
- Submissions must be system-agnostic. Do not reference any specific rules, stats, combat mechanics, etc. Descriptors should be used to allow GMs to design appropriate combat encounters, determine necessary skill checks, etc. (see Difficulty Ratings, below).
- Submissions must NOT include any copyrighted text, artwork or other intellectual property.
- All submissions must clearly state that they are released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License.
- All submissions must, at the top or outside edge of the first page, state the TITLE of the adventure, the AUTHOR (either real name or moniker) and at least one GENRE/FLAVOR tag, which describes the adventure.
- The GENRE/FLAVOR tags are: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Modern, Historical, Alt History, Pulp, Gritty, Horror, Intrigue, Other and Amaaaaaaazing!
- By sending in a submission, the submitter agrees and acknowledges that the submission will be collected into a compilation by Happy Jacks RPG Podcast. A pdf version will be made available for free, and a physical, dead tree version may be made available for cost.
- All entries will be judged by a panel of hosts for creativity, “opportunities for epicness,” organization and presentation.
- We are currently seeking out prizes. While we will try to get several prizes, we cannot guarantee any specific number of prizes. Futhermore all submittors agree that any and all prizes will be awarded at the sole discretion of Happy Jacks RPG Podcast and its hosts.
- Depending on the number of prizes secured, we may offer one for each GENRE/FLAVOR tag category, or we may combine tags into related groups at our sole discretion.
- Prizes will be shipped freight prepaid by us to the Continental US only.
- Submittors agree that Happy Jacks RPG Podcast and its hosts will not be held responsible for lost or damaged prizes.
- For winners outside the Continental US, we will determine, at our sole discretion, whether we will provide the prize or some other form of compensation, should shipping costs be deemed prohibitive. Any other form of compensation will be at the sole discretion of the hosts and have no bearing on the collectible or market value of the prize. Winners can elect to prepay the freight, however. Sorry, international shipping can get really pricey, and we’re doing this to create a valuable resource for our listeners, not to make money, so spending a grip of cash on freight is not an option.
Because all entries will be system agnostic and cannot have system-specific statistics, we will adopt the following descriptors for combat encounters and other challenges.
Routine: success is all but guaranteed. For combats, this is an insignificant event. Almost no chance of party injury or death.
Easy: success is likely. For combats, the party outclasses the enemy, and there is a very good chance of success and some chance of injury.
Moderate: success is 50/50. For combats, this is an even fight. The chance of success or defeat is about even. Chance of injury is good.
Difficult: success is unlikely. For combats, the party is outclassed by the enemy and there is a good chance of defeat. Injury and death are likely.
Impossible: success is very unlikely. For combats, the party is overwhelmed by the enemy. Injury and death are inevitable. A TPK is likely.
Send all unzipped files to happyjacksrpg at gmail dot com. Acceptable files include: .odt, .pdf, .jpg, .png, and .gif. All other file types will be deleted upon receipt.
All submittors warrant that all content submitted, including, but not limited to, text, characters, artwork and any other IP, are of their own creation and are not subject to the copyright of any third party.
At this time, submittors are limited to two entries each. If you would like to submit more than two submissions, please contact us first.
Do not send multiple versions of your submission (ie, revised or reedited versions).
While we intend to include every entry in the compilation, we reserve the right to omit and/or deny any entry without cause or notification.
All decision of the judges are final.